Choosing the most suitable sensor can be a challenge.
You must decide whether a pellistor or a sensor system is the most suitable for your industry and requirements:
- Are susceptible to poisoning or inhibition by some compounds which would leave workers unprotected
- Exposure to gas concentrations can cause sooting of pellistors, reducing their sensitivity
- Require oxygen to function
- IR Sensors
- Are not susceptible to poisoning or inhibition so significantly enhance safety in these circumstances
- Can be relied on in applications such as fuel storage tanks, flush with inert gas prior to maintenance
Gas-Pro IR Highlights:
- Fail-safe IR technology
- Robust and easy to use single button operation
- Accessible top mount display
- Dual colour visual alarm bars plus 95db audible alarm
The Gas-Pro IR now completes our Gas-Pro range and provides greater flexibility for sensor selection in a five-gas multi-gas detector.