Flamgard Plus is a Flameproof (Exd) flammable gas detector which uses poison-resistant pellistors to detect explosive levels of hydrocarbons, hydrogen and other flammable gases and vapours, including aviation fuel and leaded petrol vapours.
- Calibration can be performed locally without the need for hot work permits – minimises operational down-time
- Local display and buttons enable calibration without opening the junction box
Flexible output options
- 4-20mA current sink or source – works with a wide selection of control panels
- 3 wire format
- Optional relays for alarm and fault – can be used for switching local alarms
Rugged and reliable
- Constructed using marine-grade aluminium with a stainless steel sensor housing – proven track record for operation in the harshest environments
- Ingress protection to IP65 as standard
Low cost of ownership
- Non-intrusive one man calibration – easy to operate and maintain
- Long life sensors – keeps interuption to on-site activity to a minimum
- Simple parts replacement
Wide range of sensors
- Choice of catalytic beads for a wide selection of flammable gases and vapours – this flammable, hydrocarbon and hydrogen gas detector can be tailored to your requirements
|Size||200 x 115 x 115mm (7.9 x 6.1 x 6.1ins)|
|Enclosure material||Junction box: Marine grade alloy|
Sensor housing: 316 stainless steel
|Power||10-30Vdc, 210mA max (relay version)|
160mA max (non relay)
|Cable entries||2 x M20 or 1/2” NPT|
|Operating temperature||-10°C to +55°C (-14°F to 131°F) *|
|Humidity||0 to 99% RH non-condensing|
|Relays (optional)||SPNO or SPNC contacts rated|
30Vdc 1A (non-inductive load) for Alarm 1, Alarm 2, Fault
|Display||3-digit LCD back-lit display, LED status indicator|
|Calibration method||Via magnetically operated buttons|
|Electrical output||3 wire 4-20mA, sink or source|
|Terminals||Suitable for up to 1.5mm2 cable|
|Sensor type||Catalytic bead|
|Repeatability||+/- 2% FSD typically|
|Zero drift||+/- 2% FSD, 6 months typically|
|Response time||T90 <15 seconds typically|
|Performance||Tested in accordance with EN60079-29-1|
|Hazardous area zones||Zone 1 or 2|
|Approvals||Ex II 2 G|
Ex db IIC T6 Tamb -20°C to +55°C
|EMC compliance||EN 50270, FCC: CFR 47 Part 15, ICES-003|
* Figures shown exclude the sensors – Please contact Crowcon for a full list of sensor operating temperatures
Gases and Ranges
|Gas||LEL (% vol.)||Range Available|
|Acetylene (C2H2)* ||2.3||0-100% LEL|
|Ammonia (NH3)||15||0-100% LEL|
|Butane (C4H10) ||1.4||0-100% LEL|
|Ethanol (C2H5OH)||3.1||0-100% LEL|
|Ethane (C2H6)||2.4||0-100% LEL|
|Ethylene (C2H4)||2.3||0-100% LEL|
|Hexane (C6H14)||1.0||0-100% LEL|
|Hydrogen (H2)||4||0-100% LEL|
|Methane (CH4)||4.4||0-100% LEL|
|Methanol (CH3OH) ||6||0-100% LEL|
|Pentane (C5H12)||1.1||0-100% LEL|
| Petrol vapor ||1.3||0-100% LEL|
|Propane (C3H8)||1.7||0-100% LEL|
|Propanol (C3H8O)||2.1||0-100% LEL|
LEL figures derived from EN60079-20-1:2010
*Acetylene option not available on UL certified version
For a full list of gases download the datasheet or Crowcon.
Below is a small selection of the accessories available for the Flamgard Plus.
For use outdoor installations and to protect from water sprays, for example in water treatment or food processing plants. For extremely wet environments eg: offshore installations, use weatherproof cap, CO1442, instead.
For offshore or other extremely wet environments in place of spray deflector.
For aiding detection of light gases such as methane. 38cm/15″ Dia. Includes accessory adaptor.
Stainless steel flow adaptor
For use where a gas sample is being piped to the detector. For 96HD type sensors.
Self adhesive carbon cloth filter
Removes long chain hydrocarbons where these can be a problem.
Exd Cable Gland Adaptors
ATEX certified Exd cable gland adaptors.
Exd/Exe Certified Brass Cable gland
Suitable for Steel Wire Armoured cables with outside diameter 15.5mm to 21.1mm (inner sheath 6.7mm to 14mm). Certified to ATEX (ll 2DG, Exd llC/Exe ll), IECEx, CSA, GOST-R and NEPSI standards. M20 x 1.5mm thread. Ingress protection to IP66/67/68.
To enable calibration gas to be applied to the detector. One adaptor can be used for several detectors.